Friday, July 2, 2010

Good one...

I don't know who did it, but signing me up to the Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation mailing list was a stroke of genius. I am getting some excellent mail from these people.

Today's missive was a plea for money, to help "Elizabeth" who the Shepherds helped get off drugs. Except, it didn't work, "Elizabeth" is back in their "care", and the Shepherds of Bad Jobs need more cash. More cash to fail with, I guess. Sure, no problem, the cheque is in the mail- let me know when you need more to keep failing.

BUT, you know me (i.e., I'm a callous prick), and the point of this post is not some manner of pathetic social commentary, but to make fun of people. So, in that spirit, I can't help but laugh at this line from the letter, describing "Elizabeth":

"Sadly, teeth have been abused and some are even missing."

Hrmmm. It would be easy enough to change 'teeth' to 'children' and all of a sudden you are describing Christianity. ESPECIALLY if you add in the begging for money.

No comments:

Post a Comment